Thursday, July 3, 2008

RED SKY AT NIGHT by Judy Martin

This is a Judy Martin pattern from her book Yes! You Can Make Stunning Quilts from Simple Patterns.  It took me several weeks to figure out Judy's method of assembly. I'm not following her method, I'm strip piecing instead of sewing each piece together to make the strip. There are almost 140 strip sets to assemble before you can start to put them together. I've got 22 done so far.

I've seen the quilt finished and it's beautiful. It looks complicated, but if I follow the directions to assemble it, I'm hoping it will turn out just like the picture. Unless I've assemble one of the strips incorrectly.  :-)). This is for sure a long term project for me. 

1 comment:

Brenda said...

How exciting and challenging; it looks marvelous good luck and have fun.