Monday, February 23, 2009

Magic Stars




Our weather this weekend was cold, windy and snowy.  The snow was supposed to stop yesterday afternoon, but somebody forgot to tell Mother Nature. This is the snow still coming down last night. 

I spent the weekend cutting out blocks from a book by Nancy Johnson-Srebro called Magic Stars. I got one put together. They use a lot of background fabric but I like how they come together. I got 10 cut out, each block has different measurements so it was time consuming. Here's the one I did finish. It wasn't my intention to make so many but I wanted to try out the different blocks.  I'm sure the snow hasn't given up yet, so there will be more snow days to work on them. 

1 comment:

Sue said...

Pretty quilt block. I'm partial to star patterns. It looks like winter may be almost finished with us here in Missouri. I hope you get to see spring soon.