Sunday, December 7, 2008

THE TECHNIQUE

This is one of the first quilt classes  I took at the LQS.  It's a 3-D Attic Window.  It doesn't show up well because all my colors sorta 'blend' into each other.  It's a couch quilt so it gets lots of wear and washings. 

I just grabbed some fabric from my stash that looked like it would go together. I had no idea what I was doing or how to chose fabric.  I was new to classes and quilting, the instructor was so kind.  She spent half of the first class explaining color, using those green and red things to show how the colors would blend  and how to choose fabrics that would work best.  I didn't know it wasn't part of the class.  When she finished, she asked if I wanted to look for something in the store that would make the windows stand out rather than blend with the background. 

That's when I said, "I'm here to learn the technique, I'm not really concerned about the color."  I can only imagine what she was thinking to herself, but she was very gracious and we have been friends since then. I've taken many classes from her since then and she lets me know my color choices have gotten 'so much better!' 

1 comment:

Sue said...

You've come a long way with color selection.