Monday, January 19, 2009

A Happy Quilt



I finished Bonnie's NYE Double Delight Mystery last night.  Bonnie's quilts are always fun, her mysteries are always a mystery till the end.   The Double Delight was no exception, also a lot of fun,  it is also a happy quilt. I stayed pretty close to Bonnie's color selections.  It's got stars, pretty pinks, cool blues, bright yellows and oranges, a complement of browns, with a second pattern of flowers.  In the middle of Winter, you get a hint of Spring. This quilt makes you smile. 

As you see, we are back to snow on the ground, there's a foot or more so far with more to come this week in the form of Lake Effect!  Last week it was very very cold, in the negative for a few days in a row. Wind chills were in the double negative digits for days.  It was 12 below last night and will be at least that cold again tonight.  It was up to 19 degrees this afternoon with the sun. It felt like a heat wave. 

The second picture is a finished UFO! I finished the binding last week. 

8 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

wow 2 quilts in one post - I bet it feels great to finish up that UFO. Both are so pretty. I think you deserve a mug of hot chocolate for getting out in the snow to take photos to share with us. THanks! Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job, isn't it great to finish?

cheers
Christine

Melinda said...

I love your Double Delight. The colors are great and of course Bonnie's patterns are wonderful.

Brenda said...

I am in awe with your mystery quilt. It is gorgeous. I really like the other quilt also, with the various blocks and colors it is very appealing. Sorry to hear about the snow and freezing temps. It was nice enough here today that I took Dodger on a walk. She was delighted and it felt great to stretch my legs and get some real exercise. Have a great day!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh WOW! It's wonderful. I got a late start on this one, but I'm working on my 9 patches now....
Of all Bonnie's designs, this one is the best! Been cold enough for you here in MI? I'm getting tired of it already and it's only January! Giggle!
Regina

Louise SS said...

I love it! The blue is very pretty, a happy quilt!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very beautiful quilt Pat! Congratulations!

Lynn E said...

Lovely work