Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bright Sun Shiny Day




Today is such a beautiful sun shiny day for Jan. that I decided to take these pictures outside. It was also quite windy. Binding will come on a cold snowy or rainy day. The sun was so bright, it's a little difficult to see the colors in the one quilt. They're pale pink, yellow, green, purple or lavender against white. The green flower border will be scalloped, something I've never done, so that will take some time just to cut it correctly. The sampler is a collection of blocks I did to improve matching seams and while waiting for Birdie to have her last litter of puppies a while ago.

The quilting on both (and Radiant Suns) are done by Rita Galaska, a professional quilter and a dear friend. I'm a challenge for her as I'm not a long time quilter and if something comes up 'short' I just fix it by adding a piece here and there. I sometimes drive her crazy. :-))) She's always so kind and quilts away.

No more quilting till I get new glasses though. Mr. Big Stuff, one of Birdie's puppies, decided he needed to see the world through my eyes while I was in the shower. He's 18 lbs of shear untrained, delight. He got on the table, with the computer, took a bottle of water and my glasses. He's seeing things more clearly now, however, I'm not!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOUR STAR QUILT!!!. The quilting totally changes the look of the simple nine patches. It is absolutely gorgeous!