Sunday, October 18, 2009

Houston











We are back from Houston. My first and probably last time. What a blast! So many vendors, anything you want at your fingertips; fabric, notions, comfy shoes, machines, cabinets, more fabric, pain relief for anywhere on your body. (I could have used that after the first day) Walking on cement for 3 days is quite painful.  Wore my Crocs, my feet were very comfy, but the rest of the body, not so much. 

There were a lot of quilts, but not quite what I expected. Many were art quilts, some which were painted.  Some were Ohhhhhhhhh AAAAAHHHHHHH and some were "what is it and why is it here?"  I'm not really the artsy type. They had some of the Hoffman Challenge quilts. The quilts done with thread only were beautiful. Optical Illusions are fascinating to me. 

I purchased a new Janome 6600 and the Martelli cutting matt and rotary cutter with its rulers. All of that stuff is yet to arrive as it will be shipped in several weeks or so. I kept the stuff I brought home to a minimum. Some FQs,  some batiks, a couple half yard pieces, a few patterns and a few notions.  Everything fit into my carry on.  Even the delicious fudge. 

It was a great time but as always, it was great to be home and in my own bed last night. 



 


2 comments:

X-Stream Fibers said...

you go girl!! I did not know you were going...Had another friend down there...

Sue said...

Wow, what gorgeous quilts. I was going to admire the Native American designs, then I saw that squiggle one nd it's wonderful and the star.... how would you choose between them?

I know what you're saying about three days standing on concrete. I just did that at our obedience trail and my ankle is killing me. Time to rest and knit while it heals.